West Schoolhouse Preservation and Restoration Awarded to BLF&R
Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects, Inc. is pleased to announce their recent award from the Town of Dennis to perform Architectural and Engineering services related to the restoration and preservation of the West Schoolhouse. The structure, originally dated 1745 is located at 61 Whig St., and is the only remaining one-room schoolhouse in Dennis. It served as a schoolhouse until 1865. It was once located at Old King’s Highway and New Boston Road and was moved to its present location on the grounds of the Josiah Dennis Manse Museum in 1973. The 230-year-old schoolhouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects, Inc. has completed several historical restoration and renovation projects, including the soon to be complete West Falmouth Library (1896), Sturgis Public Library (1644), and the Elijah Cobb House- Brewster (1799).