Catalyst Architecture & Interiors care deeply about our clients, the quality of our work and the design process. We see our projects as truly collaborative ventures with our clients and the many other team members.
Over the years, we have developed a diversified and community responsive portfolio of completed work. Our experience has given us a high level of competency among many building types and led to a strong reputation for supporting our clients throughout the design, permitting and construction processes. Additionally, Catalyst provides continuous project management and budget assessments throughout all phases of a project.
Our services include...
Architectural Design & Sustainable Planning
- Working hand in hand with our clients to develop space programs and design elements which meet their needs and vision within the context of their chosen site
- Developing clear strategies for integration of high performance building systems and renewable energy options
- Creative interior design concepts, schematic design plans and 3D sketches
- Space planning and test fit plans
- Millwork fixture design
- Color recommendations, finish materials research and specification
- Construction documents and project management
Site and Zoning Feasibility
- Researching and documenting a site’s physical land-use and environmental constraints and opportunities
- Assisting our clients in understanding a property’s development potential
- Assisting in evaluating multiple potential sites for an owners program
- Performing a thorough zoning review determining each project’s unique permitting process
- Using information obtained during the Site and Zoning Feasibility stage we often prepare high level alternative site design and long term master planning studies
- Studying site circulation, access, building and infrastructure placement topography, adjacencies, future expansion etc.
- Conducting early review of relevant local, state and federal regulations
- Assuring compliance for advancing energy code requirements
- Reviewing each project for potential extraordinary compliance requirements for high wind or flood zone construction
- Outlining and supporting our clients throughout the permitting process
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of various documents for applicable local, state and federal regulatory approvals
- Providing support and collaboration with special consultants such as legal, civil, traffic and environmental team members
3-D Design Visualization & Cost Estimating
- Conventional hand sketching, 2-D renderings and computer generated 3-D visualization are just a few of the tools we use to quickly test design solutions and accurately convey the design. 3-D is an invaluable tool for client visualization, fundraising and presenting to various regulatory agencies
- Assisting in obtaining “construction cost estimates” at various stages during the design process to maintain a reasonable understanding of how design decisions are affecting the overall project budget
- Producing thorough and complete construction drawings, details, schedules and specifications to accurately construct the selected design
- Drawings and specifications from consultants such as site/civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing are fully integrated and coordinated with all other bid documents
- Assisting and advising our clients in obtaining and evaluating competitive construction bids or qualification proposals
- Acting as our client’s advocate with all other team members during the construction phase
- Facilitating project communication, maintaining project records, reviewing and certifying contractor invoices and preparing change orders
- Certifying that the project is complete and assisting with all close-out activities between the owner/client and the construction team at the completion of construction