Historic & Civic
Project: Saquatucket Harbormaster Building (duplicate)
- Redevelopment of the existing marina facility to be a true destination with improve accessibility and amenities.
- 3 New buildings; New ±2,800 sf harbormaster building to replace and aging and inadequate facility; New 2 bay ±2,500 sf garage building; and a ±540 sf seasonal snack shack
- All buildings and structures utilized a combination of pile foundations and flood lovers to comply with flood zone and coastal resiliency requirements
- Site improvements included ±90 new parking spaces, HC accessibility throughout the site, ±350’ long elevated boardwalk, and an artisan row where local artisans display and sale their work
- An elevated 2nd floor harbormaster office provides a commanding view over the high traffic marina containing 200 boat slips and an active public boat ramp.
Design & Site considerations:
- Redevelopment and incorporation of a Town owned adjacent brownfield parcel with the existing marina property to create a unified cohesive site design
- The entire site was within an FEMA designated AE flood zone with a portion in a Velocity zone
- Much of the site was previously filled marsh land with extremely pour soils with a high water table requiring extraordinary foundation designs
- 110 mph wind zone design and construction
- Conservation Commission jurisdiction