Project: Harwichport Residence – InteriorLocation: Harwichport, MA
Renovation of an existing 10,000 sf waterfront home.
Catalyst Architecture | Interiors was tasked with updating this grand, formal 20-year-old home to include current design trends, technology & AV capabilities, and provide all of the amenities for the ideal family summer vacation home with the best accommodations for modern family living. The first phase of design modifications included adding a home office, new kitchen, and finished basement with gym, theatre and bar/entertainment space.
The new home office is strategically located near the home’s front main entrance, has spectacular views and access to the gardens and harbor-front patio at the back of the home, and is the perfect place to host occasional business meetings or to work remotely. Catalyst designed a wall of custom cabinetry to include an AV screen with video conference task bar for remote meetings, hidden printer storage, and a bar with built-in coffee system, under-counter refrigerator and refrigerated drawers. The cabinetry and existing fireplace are painted a beautiful “shark fin” blue color that brings the color of the ocean inside and helps give the space a warm and coastal vibe.
The AV screen is located so that remote meetings can be held at the small conference table in the center of the room or while sitting in a lounge furniture arrangement toward the back of the room. The decor for the office is slightly formal as a nod to the existing architecture and to evoke a quiet and mature environment for work or a retreat from the grandchildren and busy summer activities.
Interior Design Features & Services Provided
- Design Programming to Establish Functional and Aesthetic Goals with Client
- Space Planning and Furniture Layout Options
- Furniture and Decor – Selection & Procurement
- AV Design – Selection & Coordination
- Custom Area Rug, Wallcovering, Fabric for Upholstered Furniture & Window Treatments - Selection and Procurement
- Custom Millwork Design - Detailing & Shop Drawing Review | 3D Sketches
- Appliances – Selection & Coordination with Millwork
- Custom Window Treatments – Design and Procurement
- Lighting – Selection & Procurement
- Project Administration and Site Inspections During Construction